So the On-Page stuffs are not as complex and significant as many people tend to make, and this part is absolutely optional if you‟ve been doing on-page many times.
To set up a good On-Page structure, just follow these 6 steps.
- Have your main keyword(s) in home title and Meta description (Use Yoast SEO or All-in-One). For each post, include keyword in the “post” description field of All-in-One/Yoast SEO
- Use Clicky or Statcounter for tracking (Google analytics is still fine to use, but these two are what I personally use in case of any future updates that affect ranking based on too much data for Google)
- At least 550 word each article, use “main” keywords for its title, meta description (at the bottom), url and h1, keyword density <2% (keyword density isn‟t that important, just don‟t purposely include your keywords too many times and you should be fine)
- Embed outbound link to authority site throughout the content in some posts, each post would (preferably) have at least 1 inner-link to another post you’re also trying to rank.
- Install google xml sitemap and Not submit to them, again it will give them less info and less intention to track your site while your content will still get indexed within hours, so don‟t worry.
- Install W3 Total Cache – This will increase your site speed in no time, which will help a bit for ranking just follow these steps:
- Within “General Setting”
> “Page Cache” = Enable & Disk: Enhanced
> “Database Cache” = Enable & Disk
> “Object Cache” = Enable & Disk
> “Browser Cache” = Enable
- Within “Browser Cache” (in top navigation bar), tick the followings
> Set expires header
> Set cache control header
> Set entity tag
> Set w3 total cache header
> Enable HTTP compression
That‟s it! You have already done the most important parts for on-page SEO; just forget the rest of the fancy plugins at the moment as you can always install them later on.
Again, it‟s not worth spending too much time on the On-Page stuffs as the core element that will get you to where you want is backlinks, so just take it as “something to do during free time”.
Just before we get into the Top 5 Ranking System, I think it is really important to…